Combines Powerful Analytics with Secure, Transparent Access and the Ability to Quickly Alert on Risky Privilege-Related Activity
CyberArk (NASDAQ: CYBR), the global leader in privileged access security, today announced CyberArk Privileged Session Manager for Cloud. Through a transparent user experience, this new offering extends privileged access session isolation, monitoring and control to the most common web applications, cloud and social media platforms. As part of an integrated solution, Privileged Session Manager for Cloud also leverages industry-leading risk scoring capabilities to detect and alert on suspicious privilege-related activity.
Cloud administrators and privileged business users often have elevated rights to sensitive cloud platforms and web applications, yet this access is not always managed by the IT team. This allows users to operate outside of corporate security, potentially exposing the entire organization to unknown risks. An external attacker or malicious insider who is able to hijack these types of user credentials could shut down cloud environments, execute a total compromise of web applications or DevOps tool consoles, steal sensitive customer data or post inflammatory comments on social media.
“As organizations take advantage of the flexibility of hybrid cloud computing, the agility and speed offered by DevOps methodologies, and leading containerized platforms like Red Hat OpenShift, cross-environment security monitoring is important,” said Chris Morgan, director, Technical Marketing, Red Hat Cloud Platforms, Red Hat. “CyberArk Privileged Session Manager for Cloud enables administrators with web-based cloud and DevOps tool consoles to manage and administer these dynamic and powerful environments while providing security teams with more control and monitoring capabilities to help reduce risk.”
Innovative CyberArk Privileged Session Manager for Cloud capabilities are based on technology acquired from Vaultive. Part of the CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution, key features include:
Support for major cloud platforms and web applications: The new offering will initially support major cloud (IaaS and PaaS) platforms, SaaS applications and social media including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Red Hat OpenShift, Salesforce.com and leading social media applications – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Transparent access and faster connections: A completely transparent user logon establishes secure connections to cloud platforms and web applications 3X faster than traditional session management solutions.
Isolated privileged sessions in the cloud: Privileged business user and cloud administrator sessions are isolated, helping to ensure that privileged credentials are never revealed and are only used to establish secure sessions.
Privileged session monitoring: Organizations can conduct detailed audits of all privileged user activities within cloud platforms and web applications, speeding digital forensics and security investigations as well as providing support for compliance and multiple industry regulations.
Privileged session risk scoring: Comprehensive risk scoring on privileged sessions provides visibility into risky operations performed by individual privileged users, enabling organizations to detect and alert on high-risk activity, as well as streamline and prioritize audit review cycle times based on risk. This capability is enabled through a combination of powerful statistical, deterministic algorithms, machine learning and behavioral analytics.
“With the rapid adoption of cloud-based resources, it’s no longer enough to control privileged access to just on-premises resources,” said Garrett Bekker, principal security analyst, 451 Research. “However, most organizations are dealing with many separate security tools, most of which have their own administration consoles. With the integration of Vaultive, CyberArk can provide customers with the ability to manage privileged access to both cloud and on-prem resources with a single unified view. This improves the overall experience by letting users feel as though they are operating in an app’s native environment, in the process helping to limit ‘console fatigue.’”
“This launch demonstrates CyberArk’s ability to quickly integrate Vaultive technology and rapidly deliver value to customers. CyberArk Privileged Session Manager for Cloud supports customers’ digital transformation initiatives and migration to the cloud, which are impacting both business and mission critical applications,” said Ben Matzkel, Vaultive founder and CTO, and currently R&D group manager, CyberArk. “To support customers’ defense in depth strategies, it’s vitally important to balance easy access to cloud platforms and web applications with policy-driven access controls, security workflows, and a consistent strategy across on-premises and cloud environments.”
CyberArk (NASDAQ: CYBR) is the global leader in privileged access security, a critical layer of IT security to protect data, infrastructure and assets across the enterprise, in the cloud and throughout the DevOps pipeline. CyberArk delivers the industry’s most complete solution to reduce risk created by privileged credentials and secrets. The company is trusted by the world’s leading organizations, including more than 50 percent of the Fortune 100, to protect against external attackers and malicious insiders. A global company, CyberArk is headquartered in Petach Tikva, Israel, with U.S. headquarters located in Newton, Mass. The company also has offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Japan. To learn more about CyberArk, visit www.cyberark.com
More cybersecurity news:
- IBM Rolls Out Industry’s First Cybersecurity Operations Center on Wheels
- Ping Identity Announces Speakers for IDENTIFY 2018 Global Customer Conference Series
- Perch Security Secures $9 Million Series A Funding
- R9B Awarded $8M in New Government and Commercial Cybersecurity Contracts
- Hack the Marine Corps Bug Bounty Challenge Concludes, Nearly 150 Security Vulnerabilities Surfaced and $151,542 Awarded to Hackers
- INTERFACE Denver 2018, October 2, 2018, Colorado Convention Center
- C2a Security Named Finalist at 2018 Mondial Paris Auto Show’s Mondial.Tech Startup Awards
- Tanium Secures $200 Million in Latest Funding Round Bringing Company Valuation to $6.5 Billion
- Perspecta Wins Cyber Hunting Contract with DARPA
- Cyber Resilience Summit Agenda for October 16 Published
- 8th Annual Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Congress, Dec. 10-12 2018, Championsgate, FL
- U.S. Federal Cybersecurity Market Research
- U.S. Government Background Check Market Forecast
- Impact of Israeli Cybersecurity Technology on Selected Markets, Intelligence Report
- Deception Cybersecurity Market Analysis
- Adoption of Blockchain Technology By U.S. Government, Market Forecast
- Browser as a Service Market
- Federal IT Modernization
- Moving Target Defense Market Analysis
- U.S. Federal IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market Forecast
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI): U.S. Government Market Forecast
- Quantum Computing Market Forecast
- U.S.-Mexico Border Security & Protection Market
- U.S. IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market